Cheapest color hardcopy for protein structures?

David Mathog mathog at seqvax.caltech.edu
Thu Jul 8 19:59:00 EST 1993

We need color hardcopy for a protein structure class where students will be
generating images on SGI workstations.  We can already get screen dumps to
a slidemaker, but that works out to around $1.00/picture.

We'd like to get the cost below 20 cents per image.

Speed is also a concern - images should print in no more than a minute or
two.

Around 90% of the images don't need shading and consist only of lines and
points.  It would be a big help if we could at least get these printed
cheaply.

Are color inkjet printers a good place to start looking?  Anybody have
experience with these in this application?

Other suggestions?

Thanks,

David Mathog
mathog at seqvax.bio.caltech.edu