DNA Gel Image capture

Dr. Duncan Clark Duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk
Mon Jul 12 13:52:27 EST 1993

Hi Netters,

In the most recent Biotechniques, June pp902-905, an inexpensive image capture
system was described complete with equipment sources/cat. no.'s and prices.
The authors gave a price for a Sony UP860 thermal printer as $1000. Here in the
UK that will equate to 1000+ UK pounds regardless of exchange rates etc. I
asked a friend in the US to check the price and then buy one for me and ship it
over etc. The best price he has been quoted is $1550. Anyone know of a better
source/price. Failing that has anyone a FAX or Email address for the authors,
Stephan Winans or Michael Rooks at Section of Microbiology, National
Nanofabrication Facility, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY.

Many thanks.

Duncan Clark
 Duncan Clark                       | Internet:   duncan at genesys@demon.co.uk
 GeneSys Ltd.                       | Compuserve: 100015.1406 at compuserve.com