slides/poster drawing software

David J. Thomas ah528 at yfn.ysu.edu
Tue Jul 13 09:43:31 EST 1993

In a previous article, GRGGTA at PATERSON.CHRISTIE-HOSPITAL.MANCHESTER.AC.UK () says:

>Dear All,
>We are about to update our ancient 'GEM' graphics drawing software (circa
>1987) for something better. We use this software for molecular biology-
>oriented slides, posters, thesis illustrations etc. It includes graph
>presentation and drawing applications. I have arrived at three alternatives
> Coreldraw v3 or v4 at 3x the price, harvard graphics or Micrographix Graphics
>Works. Our reqiurements are that it should be easy to use and offer as much
>control over the image as possible, without requiring 'professional graphics
>designer levels of complexity. Our budget extends to 300 sterling and 40MB
>(plus DOS v6 file compression ie approx 70MB in total?
>Any suggestions or comments?
>Graham Atherton

Although I haven't used any of the above packages personally, a friend of mine
uses Harvard Graphics, and loves it.  From what I've seen, it is quite
impressive.  I read a review of graphics packages in PC Magazine about 8
months ago, and it rated Harvard Graphics #1 among DOS-compatible graphics
packages.  It is supposed to be very powerful and very easy to use.

--Dave
--
David J. Thomas (call me Dave)
thomas at gal.arc.nasa.gov