Restriction map comparisons

Cary O'Donnell ODONNELL at ARCB.AFRC.AC.UK
Wed Jul 14 12:18:00 EST 1993

Sorry for yet another ... does anyone know of software that does ...?

I have had a couple of requests recently for software allowing comparison
of restriction maps from sequencs. I think the request breaks down into
two main parts:

    1) Comparison of program output that list restriction sites
       in a given sequence eg: GCG's MAPSORT
    2) Comparison of autoradiographs of a (multiple) restriction digest.

Elaborating futher:
   Building up a database of 1 or 2 & doing searches with an unknown to
   identify close matches. Sounds like RFLP mapping....

Any suggestions of software, or steps to achieve the same end, before I
engage my own brain on the task?

regards
 Cary O'Donnell             Tel: (+44) 582 762271 ext 229
 Scientific Support Group   Fax: (+44) 582 761710
 AFRC Computing Division
 West Common                JANET    : odonnell at uk.ac.afrc.arcb
 Harpenden                  Internet : odonnell at arcb.afrc.ac.uk
 Herts AL5 2JE              Long/Lat: 00d 21m 45s West  51d 48m 30s North
 United Kingdom             (AFRC = Agricultural & Food Research Council)