making poster titles using PC

Wed Jul 14 17:00:08 EST 1993

 we need to print poster titles that extend over three
> or four sheets of paper continuously.  MacPaint or MacDraw or something
> like that does this on the Mac, but most of us here use PC's with
> Windows.  We've got LaserJets and Postscript printers on the network.
> Any suggestions?
> David Garber
> University of Alabama at Birmingham
> garber at aru.dom.uab.edu

I have used WordPerfect quite successfully to make such a poster title.
You can choose fonts (ctrl-F9) and select sizes in the range of about
140-200 then each letter/word will fill a page.  By choosing a 11x8.5
page setting and left justification, you can essentially space the
words in such a way that they are  uniform distance from the left margin.
You can now paste the sheets in such a way that the letterings are
fairly uniform.
A print preview option, (ShiftF7, v) helps you to get a good preview of
what the printout is going to be like.
Although I have not really tried to, you may also be able to set the
paper type to a continous sheet and avoid the hassle of pasting it.
Raj Shankarappa
bsh at med.pitt.edu
Univ of Pittsburgh