Request for FLASH (IBM)

Dan Jacobson danj at WELCHDEV.WELCH.JHU.EDU
Thu Jul 15 16:41:33 EST 1993

In article <1993Jul15.182147.22128 at iplmail.orl.mmc.com> stevem at orl.mmc.com writes:

>One of the Engineer's at our site has learned that IBM has just donated,
>and therefore released to public domain, a fast lookup algorithm dubbed
>FLASH.  More specifically; Fast Lookup for Sequence Homology.
>
>Apparently this occured at the Intelligence Systems Molecular Biology Conference
>in Bethesda, MD.
>
>Could someone please post any information about this, and where it could (ftp)
>be obtained?

A clip from a recent post from Rob says:

  FLASH is being offered initially to all members of the genome project
community for searches of protein sequences on the EMBL/SwissProt protein
database. The system is currently being expanded to include the complete
Genbank database. Requests for use of the system can be directed via
electronic mail to dflash at watson.ibm.com.

Best of luck,

Dan Jacobson

danj at welchgate.welch.jhu.edu