POSTER title software

Cheung C. Yue ccy at po.CWRU.Edu
Wed Jul 14 21:24:48 EST 1993

In a previous article, garber at aru.dom.uab.edu (David W. Garber) says:

>In a similar vein, we need to print poster titles that extend over three
>or four sheets of paper continuously.  MacPaint or MacDraw or something
>like that does this on the Mac, but most of us here use PC's with
>Windows.  We've got LaserJets and Postscript printers on the network.
>Any suggestions?
>
>David Garber
>University of Alabama at Birmingham
>garber at aru.dom.uab.edu

I bought Broderbund's Banner Mannia.  Nice program.  Cheap ($30-40).  Writes
2 lines of text of various fonts, styles, shading, etc.  Best when printed
out on fan-fold paper.  By juidicious placement of the text on the paper, and
by reloading and reprint on the same roll of paper, you can get 4 lines of
text easily.  It is also a lot of fun.  Uses graphic dot matrix printer very
well - many fonts print without too much jaggies.

Also Power Up software has a banner program, but I have no personal experience
with it.

C Cho Yue
ccy at po.cwru.edu