Scatchard fit program for M

Nick Holford nholford at ccu1.aukuni.ac.nz
Sat Jul 24 17:51:57 EST 1993

Beware Scatchard fit programs that just do linear regression on the
Scatchard transformation of binding data. A program called LIGAND that
does the right thing using non-linear regression and solving for
multiple ligands and binding sites was written in the late 60s Munson
and Rodbard at the NIH. It has been ported in various forms e.g. SCATFIT
in PL/I and BIND in QuickBasic (DOS). I cannot help you with a Mac
implementationtion but just the warning about straight line fitters
which are guaranteed to get the wrong answer except when there is no
noise in the data.

--

Nick Holford, Dept Pharmacology & Clinical Pharmacology
University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
INTERNET: n.holford at auckland.ac.nz