Primer design

Christoph Gartmann GARTMANN at IMMUNBIO.MPG.DE
Thu Jul 29 16:02:29 EST 1993

Hello,

for primer and oligo design software we use both, the package from Lucas &
Busch and the PRIMER program from the Whitehead institute. People here prefer
the latter when they intend to create/test primers for PCR probes. The former
package is of more general use and does much more than only creating primers.

PRIMER is not especially GCG-like. But we wrote a small procedure to
incorporate it using TOPRIMER (from Rodrigo Lopez).

Regards
  Christoph Gartmann

| Christoph Gartmann            Phone   : +49-761-5108-465   Fax: -221       |
| Max-Planck-Institut fuer      PSI     : PSI%(0262)45050160374::GARTMANN    |
| Immunbiologie                 Internet: gartmann at immunbio.mpg.de           |
| Postach 1169                                                               |
| D-79011  Freiburg, FRG                                                     |
+------------- Do you know MENUE, the user environment for VMS? -------------+