PDB - GCG or GENBANK accession number tables

bionet at FRCGM51.EARN bionet at FRCGM51.EARN
Fri Jul 30 16:20:45 EST 1993

> In article <28JUL199312344982 at aardvark.ucs.uoknor.edu> bfrank at aardvark.ucs.uok
no
>  r.edu (FRANK,BART) writes:
> >Can someone suggest a fast method to obtain the amino acid and/or
> >nucleotide sequences of particular proteins in pdb? Is there a
> >table listing for the pdb numbers and accession numbers for GCG or
> >Genbank/EMBL files?

 If you can install SRS at your site, your problem will be solved... provided
 you have also the PDB, NRL_3D and EMBL databanks on line.

 SRS automatically takes care of the links between various databanks. Once you
 have selected a given entry in NRL_3D or PDB, for example, it's a matter of
 seconds to point to the corresponding sequence in PIR or EMBL or what you
 like.

 One example: you search for "ELASTASE" in EMBL. SRS points to the sequence of
 the rabbit pre-proelastase. You make the link to PROSITE --> yes, there is a
 "elastase motif" in PROSITE. You make the link from this motif to PIR --> you
 get the ca. 150 protease sequences in PIR.

 In brief: I'm a VERY happy user of SRS....

 | Jean-Loup Risler                   |                               |
 | CNRS                               | risler at frcgm51.bitnet         |
 | Centre de Genetique Moleculaire    | risler at cgmvax.cgm.cnrs-gif.fr |
 | 91198  Gif sur Yvette Cedex France |                               |