UNIX on my Mac?

John E. Blume blume_j at hanv01.dnet.sandoz.com
Wed Jun 2 13:11:26 EST 1993

I am looking for information regarding UNIX implementations on the Mac.

I am about to become the proud owner of a Centris 650 8/80 w/FPU (I know,
I need a bigger HD, more RAM!), and I use a fair amount of Mac-based
mobio software. But I also wish to take advantage of the wealth of UNIX
software available.

Is this practically possible?
What are the most compatible UNIX-implementations for the Mac?
Minimum HD and RAM requirements?
Is the Centris 650 too slow?

I direct this question the the BIOSCI netters, because somwhere out there
is someone who has already discovered if any of the mobio UNIX-stuff crashes
under A/UX 3.0.

Thanks for any info,

John E. Blume
Sandoz Research Institute