Bibliographic software comparison?

Robert Rej bobrej at albnyvms.bitnet
Thu Jun 3 06:29:11 EST 1993

In article <1ugbb2$2pi at max.physics.sunysb.edu>, mhollowa at ic.sunysb.edu (Michael Holloway) writes:
>We're thinking of buying Reference Manager for Windows (~$375 with discount)
>but we're a poor lab and would appreciate hearing from anyone who has had
>experience with other DOS system bibliographic software.  Is there one that
>stands out?  Are there any that are real dogs?  Is anyone out there using
>Reference Manager?  I'll summarize any E-mail and post if warrented.

We evaluated several programs in our lab a few years ago and selected Reference
Manager (DOS V3.xx or 4.xx). We're up to V5.05 and very happy with it; there
have been few problems, usually associated with a newer version of WordPerfect
or of our CDROM Medline (CD+) system.  Tech support is super, amongst the best.
I, too, was thinking of the Windows version but am unwilling to sacrifice the
speed of the DOS version (real fast even on a 386DX/20).
-Bob

     bobrej at uacsc1.albany.edu
     Robert Rej - SUNY Albany           Scarpia got the point!