Bibliographic software comparison?

Glenn Stone stone at cunixb.cc.columbia.edu
Thu Jun 3 11:50:23 EST 1993

In article <1ugbb2$2pi at max.physics.sunysb.edu> mhollowa at ic.sunysb.edu (Michael Holloway) writes:
>We're thinking of buying Reference Manager for Windows (~$375 with discount)
>but we're a poor lab and would appreciate hearing from anyone who has had
>experience with other DOS system bibliographic software.  Is there one that

There is a great reference manager called BIB that only costs $75, but
it's mainly oriented towards social scientists -- it has built-in
journal formats for something like 40 journals in anthro, sociology,
political science, geography.  But it has the advantage of being
extremely easy to use (menu-driven).   They're at

BIB Software
P.O. Box 7904
Missoula, MT  59807

   Glenn Davis Stone                              BITNET: stone at cunixf
   Columbia University                    INTERNET: stone at columbia.edu