Windows DotPlot

Alan Bleasby ajb at s-crim1.dl.ac.uk
Mon Jun 7 22:33:52 EST 1993

Ramin says,

>If you're going to get the program from seqnet (s-ind2...) then don't get
>the program in the /dos directory because the zip file is corrupted. The
>uncorrupted version is the the /incoming directory and has length 83,248
>bytes rather than 82,920 bytes

Files on this ftp server are moved to appropriate directories and then
deleted from `incoming'.

Thanks for a nice piece of software Ramin but the first I've heard of this
was reading the BIOSCI note. I'd make a plea to people submitting s/w
& data to `incoming' directories to email the ftp-server manager (in this
case me: ajb at s-crim1.daresbury.ac.uk) to say it's there, where it should be
moved and contact directly if there are any problems.

I'm not sure where the original problem was (certainly not lack of disc space
and it's difficult to corrupt a file using `cp' :-). Nevertheless the program
is now available on
        s-ind2.daresbury.ac.uk
in the dos software directory (again)

Thanks again Ramin. I wish more people would contribute software.

Rgds

Alan Bleasby
BIOSCI Africa/Asia/Europe
SERC(?) Daresbury Laboratory