Windows DotPlot

Ramin Charles Nakisaramin r.nakisa at
Mon Jun 7 10:05:12 EST 1993

> It's here, it's ACE, (it's free), it's DOTPLOT for Windows!

WinDot seems popular, but several have had probs finding the
file.  Here are the addresses and directories of kosher windot files, which
I have checked by ftping them and using pkunzip -t.

Name                 IP Number     Directory
~~~~                 ~~~~~~~~~     ~~~~~~~~~    /pub/gene-server/dos/ /Incoming/   /incoming/

If you're going to get the program from seqnet (s-ind2...) then don't get
the program in the /dos directory because the zip file is corrupted.  The
uncorrupted version is the the /incoming directory and has length 83,248
bytes rather than 82,920 bytes.

Someone has been abusing Uncle Dan's /incoming directory, so now it's write-
only.  And Uncle Don's got a separate copy of the Windows version of
readseq which now spanks under Windows because I compiled it with the
Microsoft QuickWin library.  The file is /Incoming/, but if you
get a copy of it's in there too.
< Ramin Charles Nakisa, "She walks in beauty Tel:    071 589-5111 x 6729   >
> Biophysics Section,   As the night of      FAX:    071 589-0191          <
< The Blackett Lab,     starry skies and     EMAIL:                        >
> Imperial College,     cloudless climes..."         ramin at        <
< London SW7 2BZ.                                    mbrcn at >