Windows DotPlot

Ramin Charles Nakisaramin r.nakisa at ic.ac.uk
Mon Jun 7 10:05:12 EST 1993

> It's here, it's ACE, (it's free), it's DOTPLOT for Windows!

WinDot seems popular, but several have had probs finding the windot.zip
file.  Here are the addresses and directories of kosher windot files, which
I have checked by ftping them and using pkunzip -t.

Name                 IP Number     Directory
~~~~                 ~~~~~~~~~     ~~~~~~~~~
ftp.bchs.uh.edu      129.7.2.16    /pub/gene-server/dos/windot.zip
fly.bio.indiana.edu  129.79.224.25 /Incoming/windot.zip
s-ind2.dl.ac.uk      148.79.64.4   /incoming/windot.zip

If you're going to get the program from seqnet (s-ind2...) then don't get
the program in the /dos directory because the zip file is corrupted.  The
uncorrupted version is the the /incoming directory and has length 83,248
bytes rather than 82,920 bytes.

Someone has been abusing Uncle Dan's /incoming directory, so now it's write-
only.  And Uncle Don's got a separate copy of the Windows version of
readseq which now spanks under Windows because I compiled it with the
Microsoft QuickWin library.  The file is /Incoming/winseq.zip, but if you
get a copy of windot.zip it's in there too.
< Ramin Charles Nakisa, "She walks in beauty Tel:    071 589-5111 x 6729   >
> Biophysics Section,   As the night of      FAX:    071 589-0191          <
< The Blackett Lab,     starry skies and     EMAIL:                        >
< London SW7 2BZ.                                    mbrcn at seqnet.dl.ac.uk >