GOPHER problem

Ashok Aiyar ashok at biochemistry.cwru.edu
Mon Jun 7 10:20:40 EST 1993

In article <9306070014.AA08500 at net.bio.net> SJJ at ICBR.IFAS.UFL.EDU ("JONG, SONG-MUH J") writes:

>Hello, netters,

>I recently obtained the PC Gopher III program included in the
>slipdisk package. The GOPHER works like a charm, even faster than
>the one on our VMS machine. I could never imagine a PC can function
>as a GOPHER server like that!

PC Gopher III is a Gopher *client*.  There are two DOS based Gopher servers
available, one of which is quite versatile and KA9Q based, and maintained by
myself.  The Gopher server code was from Chris McNeil (cmcneil at mta.ca), while
I have added numerous changes (enhancements?) to the SMTP, TCP, POP3, POP2 and
FTP code.

It is available from biochemistry.bioc.cwru.edu in /pub/pop3serv.

Ashok

Ashok Aiyar                        Mail: ashok at biochemistry.cwru.edu
Department of Biochemistry                       Tel: (216) 368-3300
CWRU School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio         Fax: (216) 368-4544