Internal/external email gate?

David Fleischer df35 at cunixa.cc.columbia.edu
Wed Jun 9 08:44:41 EST 1993

I am looking for a program (DOS BASED) to interface between a LAN email system
like WP Office and external mail systems like Internet or Compuserve or MCI mail. It would poll external systems, log on, retrieve and send mail, reformat incoming and outgoing mail to conform to both systems, and generally make it look
transparent for the internal email user. DO such programs exist, and under what
category might I look to find such a thing? Thanks for any leads!