Denaturing Gradient Gel Software

jason e. stewart jasons at bmc.uu.se
Fri Jun 11 09:02:28 EST 1993

Howdy Folks,

I am going to be doing some work with Denaturing Gradient Gel
Electrophoresis in the future, and found a reference from '87 in vol 155 of
Methods in Enzymology that talked about a number of different software
programs for predicting melting domains of DNA when using DGGE. It was by
Lerman and Silverman from M.I.T and Memphis State, respectively. The
programs were called MELT, TRAVEL, and SQHTX. I've been zipping around
gopher space and all ftp sites I know to find ANY program dealing with
these phenomena, and I couldn't find anything.

Does anybody know of how to get in touch with the authors (I suppose there
is always s-mail) or where I could get ahold of such programs?

Thanks in advance,

Jason

Jason E Stewart                    Father-at-Large
Dept of Med Gen                    jasons at bmc.uu.se
BMC, Box 589                       Tel: 46 18 174910
751 23 Uppsala                     Fax: 46 18 526849
Sweden