Future development of GDE

Ernest Retzel 1535 49118 ernest at lenti.med.umn.edu
Sat Jun 12 10:34:08 EST 1993

> This might require the purchase of some sort of Motif
> developer's kit.  Motif source code is not available without a special
> license from OSF.  On the other hand an XView implementation is freely
> available from MIT, just as X itself is.

It is likely someone at almost any research institution owns a Motif
site license, which as far as site licenses go, is dirt cheap.  I am also
recalling that sw developed under Motif can be distributed as long as you
only include runtime binaries, and not source libraries; could be mistaken,
but don't think so.  I know that the libraries can also be redistributed,
but then either a local license must be owned, or the developer has to pay
a 10x-the-site-license fee.

Ernie Retzel
ernest at lenti.med.umn.edu