Public Mosaic group annotation server.

Rob Harper Rob.Harper at csc.fi
Wed Jun 16 15:20:15 EST 1993

>Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.www
>From: marca at ncsa.uiuc.edu (Marc Andreessen)
>Subject: public Mosaic group annotation server
>Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1993 16:19:47 GMT
>Sender: usenet at news.cso.uiuc.edu (Net Noise owner)

For those of you already using the public Mosaic group annotation
server, the date glitch has been fixed and it's completely stable now.

My little pseudo-announcement follows...

I'm running a public Mosaic group annotation server on
hoohoo.ncsa.uiuc.edu, port 8001.  If you're running Mosaic 1.1, feel
free to put the following line in your .Xdefaults:

XMosaic*annotationServer: hoohoo.ncsa.uiuc.edu:8001

Also feel free to post group annotations (text or audio); consider
this an experiment in community-wide asynchronous collaboration.
We've got ~50MB free for this; I certainly wouldn't mind filling it
up.

Cheers,
Marc

--