Bio-gopher administrators mail list

Reinhard Doelz doelz at comp.bioz.unibas.ch
Thu Jun 17 02:15:17 EST 1993

gilbertd at bio.indiana.edu (Don Gilbert) writes:

>My only recent thought to address to biogopher admins
>it is still active and waiting for someone to mail to
>it.  One problem with mail lists of small readership is
>they quickly get forgotten.  The netnews groups here
>can carry much of the traffic that might be associated
>with biogopher administration.

I must admit that the biogopher mailing list died
just because of this. There is very little which cannot be
shared in either the bionet lists or the comp.infosystems.gopher
newsgroup. And, why noit get an extraordinary useful reply from there.
I just ported gopher to the ALPHA. After I noticed that , in the end,
I had to make quite a few hacks I posted to the gopher newsgroup
and had a reply 24 hours later.

Why not stick to this newsgroup for bio-specific items, and use
the comp.infosystems.gopher newsgroup for system-related stuff?

Regards
Reinhard

(sorry for the typos, it is a slow remote line).