Educational software for macs or PC's?

Dave Saul djsaul at ccu1.aukuni.ac.nz
Mon Jun 21 01:00:24 EST 1993

We are trying to acquire educational software, preferably for Mac's but
PC packages are ok as second choice.

I seem to have spent a lot of time pulling over the network really
remedial stuff. Specifically we are looking for simulation software or
educational packages that can be used for classes of undergraduate
students. There are a lot of hypercard stacks available, but in
general these are less appealing than reading a book and unless they
feature some form of interaction and movement, there seems little point
to them.

Could anybody make recommendations for any software (including
commercial) which is graphic, fun and educational?

The best package I've found so far is POPULUS for a PC. It's perhaps not
particularly fun, but it's informative and professionally put together.
Does anybody know if this is available for Mac?

Thanks...

Dave Saul.

djsaul at ccu1.auckland.ac.nz