Info on chemical kinetics packages

Murali Ramanathan ramanath at plains.NoDak.edu
Wed Jun 23 13:20:37 EST 1993

Newsgroups: sci.chem
Subject: Info on chemical kinetics packages
Hi NetFolks:

 I am in the process of setting up a kinetics (chemical reaction kinetics ie)
package for our research needs.  The package does not have to be too elaborate
(but may need to be in the future) but must be robust and easily installable
and immediately usable.  I am aware of CHEMKIN (the Sandia kinetics package)
and -- I cant think of its name -- the public domain program on ftp.kekule.??.
Both of these are on our 'maybe' list -- the problem is both involve a faire
amount of work in setting up and getting going.

 I'd appreciate any replies, suggestions, pointers, as well as reviews and
criticisms of any public domain or commercial programs.  Please email me if
possible although I shall start browsing this newsgroup more regularly from
now on.  Thanks a bunch.

 Murali Ramanathan (ramanath at plains.nodak.edu)