Bootstrapping a neighbor joining tree w/Phylip?

Littlejohn Tim little at ERE.UMontreal.CA
Wed Jun 23 18:08:59 EST 1993

rrumpf at (Robert Rumpf) writes:

>Subject line says it all.  Is there a way to do a bootstrap analysis on a
>neighbor-joining tree using Phylip?

Indeed! We do it all the time.  I have sample scripts for doing so
under unix on the MegaGopher, too.

To obtain these scripts, point your gopher client at:

and select:

 -->  3.  Computational Molecular Biology/
 -->  3.  Applications for Phylogenetic analysis/
 -->  1.  Phylip/
 -->  1.  Bootstrap scripts/

If you don't know what gopher is or how to use it, just drop me an email.

E-mail:     little at         Tim Littlejohn
            tim at
Snail Mail: Departement de biochimie        Phone: (514) 343-7936
            Universite de Montreal          Fax:   (514) 343-2210
            C.P. 6128, succursale A,
            Montreal (Quebec), H3C 3J7