2D-analysis software

Wayne Rasband wayne at helix.nih.gov
Tue Jun 29 10:49:36 EST 1993

In article <1993Jun29.131129.20118 at gserv1.dl.ac.uk>, hugh at corvus.sunet.se
wrote:

> Hi. We sould like to gather opinions about good and/or cheap
> and/or PD software for 1D and 2D PAGE gel analysis.

> [Stuff deleted]

> Any opinion as to good software (unix, vms ,dos or anything) would be
> appreciated. I heard a suggestion once that NIH had something like this.
> Does anyone know if that is true?

The public domain NIH Image program for the Mac has limited 1D gel analysis
ability. The current version(V1.49) is available by anonymous ftp from
zippy.nimh.nih.gov[128.231.98.32], in the directory /pub/nih-image. Mark
Miller(mark at helix.nih.gov) at NIH has developed a 2D gel analysis package
for UNIX called Elsie. Peter Lemkin(lemkin at ncifcrf.gov) at NIH has another
UNIX 2D gel analysis system called(I think) GelLab.

--wayne