What kind of scanner

Dave Knecht KNECHT at UCONNVM.bitnet
Sat Mar 13 12:53:10 EST 1993

I have been scanning autorads, westerns etc for  a while now using both an 8 bi
t gray scale hand scanner and a Umax 600dpi flat bed unit both hooked up to a M
ac.  The hand scanner is much much faster and can provide equivalent output.  T
he falt bed is far more versatile and with the optional transparency scanner do
es an outstanding job on autorads that are often difficult with the hand scanne
r.  I also like the flat bed because I can scan westerns in colorto make slides
 and then convert them to black and white for publication. I   do all my manusc
ript artwork on the Mac now using a dye-sub printer for output.  Haven't been i
n a darkroom for over a year.  DaveK