Database of small organic structures sought

Dan Jacobson danj at
Tue Mar 16 10:43:35 EST 1993

In article <113447 at> weemba at (Matthew P Wiener) writes:
>One of our people is looking for a database of crystallographic
>structures of small organic molecules.  Where can I get such?

The database that your looking for is probably the
Cambridge Structural Database (CSD).  Below is a brief description
of the Database and some people to contact for more information
on accessing it.

Best of luck,

Dan Jacobson

danj at

     The CSD contains the most comprehensive collection of evaluated
     crystallographic data in the world.  Data for about 80,000 organic
     and organometallic crystal structures  were included in the CSD as
     of January, 1991.  Atomic coordinates, chemical connectivity
     tables, bibliographic data fields including reference sources for
     the data, and coordinates for chemical structure diagrams for each
     molecule are part of the system....  About 8000 new crystal
     structures will be added to the data base yearly.

The contact in the U.K. is:

            Dr. Olga Kennard
            University Chemical Laboratory
            Lensfield Road
            Cambridge,  CB2 1EW
            [011-44] 223-336409

A contact in the U.S. is probably:

Investigator: Charles L Coulter
Sponsor     : National Institute of Health National Center for Research Resour
              Biomedical Research Technology Program
              Westwood Bldg Rm 8A15
              Bethesda, MD 20892

Phone       : (301) 496-9840