help selecting a workstation

Carlos I. Armas web!!!carmas at NET.BIO.NET
Tue Mar 16 08:37:41 EST 1993

hi everybody!
I agree NeXT is a outstanding platform. Silicon Graphics is the best you
can get for molecular biology works, its graphic performance is very very
good, but there is one thing a system manager is always facing: price :-)
the theme is, what can I get with this money I have on my hand?
maybe you can afford some SUN workstations, but can't afford a Silicon, say.
maybe I'm out on prices information. Could someone give a hint on this?
It would be good to have a comparison among Silicon, Sun and NeXT regarding
prices and performance.
 carlos armas               email: carmas%ingen at
 network administrator      fax:   537 218070
 automation division        ctr. of genetic engng. & biotech 6162               havana, cuba