bionet.miscellaneous

Reinhard Doelz doelz at comp.bioz.unibas.ch
Mon Mar 29 03:59:59 EST 1993

In article <darrenp.733377699 at dibbler.cs.monash.edu.au>, darrenp at dibbler.cs.monash.edu.au (Daz) writes:
|> I propose we rename this newsgroup to somehting like bionet.misc or
|> bionet.irrelevant.

I agree that it would be good to have a better 'sorted' environment.
In particular, the following interest groups could be valuable if
we can only afford running them :

bionet.software.avail		- those for asking for and discussing
                                               availability,
                                  as well as announcing software
                                  * MODERATED *
bionet.software.system          - general inquiries how to manage
                                               biocomputing sw

bionet.software.misc            - all other stuff not fitting to the
                                     other bionet.software newsgroups.

In particular, a group which discusses availability issues is most
needed in my view, and should be moderated. If this thread gets enough
discussion we could dare to raise a call for discussion on it.

Regards
Reinhard

--
|    Dr. Reinhard Doelz            | RFC     doelz at urz.unibas.ch         |
|   Klingelbergstrasse 70          | FAX     x41 61 261- 6760 or 267- 2078
|     CH 4056 Basel                | TEL     x41 61 267- 2076 or 2247    |
+------------- bioftp.unibas.ch is the SWISS EMBnet node ----------------+