Una Smith smith-una at
Mon Mar 29 22:23:44 EST 1993

doelz at writes:

> I agree that it would be good to have a better 'sorted' environment.

Something's got to change!

How about a well-organized FAQ, with brief descriptions of what each
program/package does, where to get it, and whether or not it's free?
Added to that, the really important part:  two indices of the names,
one by platform, and the other by function.

Probably more than 50% of the initial queries in are
perfect FAQ question material, and fully 50% of all postings here seems
to be FAQ answer material.  So some enterprising and/or sufficiently
annoyed person should be able to lump together the last month or two
of articles and produce a pretty nifty FAQ with ease.

So how about it?

      Una Smith      Biology Department       smith-una at
                     Yale University
                     New Haven, CT  06511