Prosite?????

Francis Ouellette francis at MONOD.BIOL.MCGILL.CA
Tue May 4 11:36:51 EST 1993

In bionet.software you write:

>I am not sure what a Quadra 800 is!  Please send me e-mail and I'll
>look into what programs run on it for you, if you like.

Bonjour dorothy ...

a quaddra is a big Mac! (top of their line)

I think (quick gopher look) there is a Mac engine for PROSITE:

gopher ftp.bio.indiana.edu

 -->  5. IUBio-Software+Data/

  -->  9.  Molecular biology/

     -->  10. mac/

	 -->  73. macpattern.readme  [11Nov92, 4kb].
	      74. macpattern20 <HQX>

The top of the readme file reads:

> The new version v2.0 of MacPattern is now available.
> MacPattern is a Macintosh application which was originally designed
> for protein pattern searches using the PROSITE pattern database.
>
> Version 2.0 added the following new features:

and as Dan Jacobson would say:

"If you have not heard of gopher ...  don't worry, it is free"  and
info on getting it set up at your site is available from Dan
(danj at welchgate.welch.jhu.edu) or myself.

regards,

francis