Helical Wheel Prg. wanted

Dan Jacobson danj at welchgate.welch.jhu.edu
Thu May 6 16:59:00 EST 1993

In article <Roberts_D-060593153516 at riversend.bms.com> Roberts_D at BMS.COM (Dan Roberts) writes:
>Does anyone know where I could get a program that would perform a helical
>wheel plot??.  I would prefer a MAC based prg, as my access to an IBM is
>limited..Thanks!!!..Dan

If you can wrangle access to a PC you might want to take a look at
Prograph which does this and much more.

For the Mac there is the PLOTA series of programs:

PLOTA_AADATA.HQX        Sequence editor
PLOTA_DOT.HQX           Dot matrix comparison
PLOTA_GGR.HQX           Secondary structure prediction
PLOTA_GOR.HQX           Secondary structure prediction
PLOTA_HEL.HQX           Helical wheel                  <-----------
PLOTA_HYD.HQX           Hydropathy analysis
PLOTA_HYD5.HQX          Hydropathy analysis (averaging)
PLOTA_KAS.HQX           Chain flexibility and antigenicity
PLOTA_KKD.HQX           Prediction of membrane spanning regions
PLOTA_POW.HQX           Power spectrum plot
PLOTA_SIG.HQX           Signal peptide prediction
PLOTA_SIM.HQX           Dissimilarity plot
PLOTA_TMH.HQX           Hydrophobic moment analysis

You can get both by anonymous ftp or gopher from felix.embl-heidelberg.de

Best of luck,

Dan Jacobson

danj at welchgate.welch.jhu.edu