Plaasmid maps

Cornelius Krasel zxmkr08 at studserv.zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Sun May 9 10:10:05 EST 1993

In <waverheu.11.0 at vub.ac.be> waverheu at vub.ac.be (Willy A Verheulpen) writes:

>In article <1993May6.134850.13692 at es.dupont.com> moldovbj at esvx12.es.dupont.com writes:

>>I am looking for software that will produce graphical maps of plasmid
>>constructs for the IBM, similar to that from DNA Strider for the Mac.
>>Is there anything out there, either shareware or commercial, that has
>>the ability to draw maps, do restriction digests, cut-and-paste fragments,
>>etc?

>We use a program that is called "Clone" but it is a rather "old" version.

It depends on what you want. Clone is quite convenient if you have
sequence data available. Clone is commercial (our lab owns a quite
old version) and runs under DOS, although it is not too stable.

If you look for a plasmid drawing program: we have something which is
called "Enhance", but I don't know if it is commercial or Share-/Freeware.

Hope that helps, Cornelius.
--
/* Cornelius Krasel, Department of Physiological Chemistry, U Tuebingen    */
/* email: krasel at studserv.zdv.uni-tuebingen.de                             */