Sequence analysis (and colour)

Craig Livingstone cdl at bioch.ox.ac.uk
Fri May 7 05:29:48 EST 1993

We have some software here at Oxford which uses colour in a slightly different way to that
being described here for analysis of multiple protein sequence alignments.   Our software
allows you to define a series of sets to which amino acids may be said to belong.   Each amino
acid may belong to more than one set, a more realistic approach.   A large number of setting
schemes can be described in this way, we routinely use that described by Taylor (J.theor.Biol
(1986) 119,205-218)