IBM PC Software

bhjelle at carina.unm.edu bhjelle at carina.unm.edu
Wed May 19 09:06:46 EST 1993

I am interested in obtaining software for IBM PC (486 machine
with Windows) for plasmid-clone mapping (esp. recording
maps of new clones made in my lab) and phylogenetic
analysis. I've downloaded several .uue files from FTP
sites as recommended by various FAQs, but have had
no luck whatsoever in decompressing these files using
uudecode.bas or uudecode.c (no FTP site I've looked
at has uudecode.exe).

Is there any site available that still provides the
service of putting programs like plasmid paint onto
blank, formatted discs, as was once provided by
Intelligenetics BIONET administrator?

Brian