Biocomputing Journal Summary

Mark S. Whitsitt, N5RJF whitsitt at bioch.tamu.edu
Thu May 20 09:32:09 EST 1993

Several weeks ago, I posted a request for favorite journals and books covering
topics in biological computing and such.  Sorry it has taken so long, but here
is the summary of responses.  I am hoping to be able to revise this list and
include subscription information.  If you find this list to be incomplete,
please drop me a line and give me your input.

Biotechniques
	Annual computing software and hardware issue

Trends in Biochemical Sciences
	Regular "Computer Corner" feature

Computer Applications in the Biosciences - CABIOS

BINARY - Computing in Microbiology
	BioLine - University of Wales, Cardiff; Society for General Microbiology

Other Journals :
   Bulletin of Mathematical Biology
   Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine
   Computers and Biomedical Research
   Computers in Biology and Medicine
   IMA Journal of Mathematics Applied in Medicine and Biology
   International Journal of Bio-medical Computing
   Journal of Biomolecular Structure & Dynamics
   Journal of Computational and Graphical Statistics
   Journal of Mathematical Biology
   Journal of Molecular Evolution
   Journal of Theoretical Biology
   Mathematical Biosciences
   Molecular Biology and Evolution
   Theoretical Population Biology

Books :
   Nucleic acid and protein sequence analysis : a practical approach;
      M.J. Bishop, C.J. Rawlings eds.; IRL Press
   Mathematical methods for DNA sequences;
      M.S. Waterman ed.; CRC Press
   Methods in enzymology volume 183;
      R.F. Doolittle ed.; Academic Press
   Time warps, string edits, and macromolecules : the theory and practice of
    sequence comparison;
      D. Sankoff, J.B. Kruskal eds; Addison-Wesley

Thanks to those who responded:
Nicolas Breton
Barry Dudley
Jim Emerton - BioTechNet
J B Evans
Frankie Lau
Alberto Roca
William Shannon

Mark S. Whitsitt, N5RJF        Texas A&M University, Dept of Biochemistry
Internet:  mwhitsitt at tamu.edu		  College Station, Tx. 77843-2128
AMPRnet:   n5rjf at n5rjf.ampr.org 			   (409) 845-0832
Packet/APLINK:  N5RJF @ KE5HE.TX.USA.NA