Text enhancement software

Bennett Dyke bdyke at DARWIN.SFBR.ORG
Fri May 21 18:26:35 EST 1993

We have some old, poorly focused microfilm images of some vital statistics
records that we would like to use in a population genetics study. I have
tried enhancing frames projected on the screen of a microfilm reader using
Wayne Rasband's IMAGE, but find (as you might imagine) that the improvement
in readability of the fuzzy text is only marginal.  I have heard of soft-
ware intended to clarify out-of-focus text, but have no idea where it might
be found.  This is probably pretty far afield for most bionetters, but has
anyone any suggestions?

Bennett

|   Bennett Dyke                                                             |
|   Department of Genetics               Internet:  bdyke at darwin.sfbr.org    |
|   Southwest Foundation                    Phone:  (210) 674-1410 Ext 281   |
|   P.O. Box 28147                            Fax:  (210) 670-3317           |
|   San Antonio, TX 78228, USA                                               |