Searching Through Bio-Gopher space

Dan Jacobson danj at welchgate.welch.jhu.edu
Tue May 25 14:11:10 EST 1993

You can now search through the titles of items in Bio-Gopher space and
access the items returned.  This Bio-veronica style database is called:

                  BOING - Bio Oriented INternet Gophers

To use this search point your gopher client at merlot.welch.jhu.edu
and select the following:

-->  13. Search Databases at Hopkins (Vectors, Promoters, NRL-3D, EST, OMIM../

    -->  15. Search BOING (Bio Oriented INternet Gophers) <?>

Now just search for your topic of interest.  You can use booleans
(and, or, not) and wildcards (*) to restrict or broaden your searches.

Note that periods (.) and dashes (-) are (intentionally) not word delimiters
in this search so you may want to use a wildcard (*) from time to time.

A few sample searches are as follows:

 +------------Search BOING (Bio Oriented INternet Gophers)----------------+
 |                       _____________________________                    |
 | Words to search for   | Immunolog*                 |                   |
 |                       -----------------------------                    |
 |                                   [Cancel ^G] [Accept - Enter]         |

      1.  Medical Microbiology & Immunology.
      2.  The Oral Microbiology/Immunology Interest Group.
      3.  Veterinary Immunology Discussion Group.
      4.  Allergy and Immunology.
      5.  Diagnostic Laboratory Immunology.
      6.  Medical Microbiology and Immunology Seminar Series.
 -->  7.  Kabat Database of Proteins of Immunological Interest <?>

 +------------Search BOING (Bio Oriented INternet Gophers)----------------+
 |                       _____________________________                    |
 | Words to search for   | genbank                    |                   |
 |                       -----------------------------                    |
 |                                   [Cancel ^G] [Accept - Enter]         |

      1.  About Genbank.
      2.  Data Submission to GenBank or EMBL.
      3.  Data Submission to GenBank and EMBL.
      4.  GenBank Daily Update.
      5.  Biology Gophers (Genbank, PIR, etc.)/
      6.  GenBank Rel.74; Dec. 1992/
      7.  Database Taxonomy (Genbank, Swiss-Prot ...)/
      8.  Genbank, PIR, Swiss_PROT and other Database Searches/
      9.  genbank/
      10. genbank/
      11. Search GenBank, PIR, EMBL and Updates/
      12. Search GenBank (NIH) <?>
      13. Search The Rodent Section of Genbank <?>
      14. Genbank Taxonomy <?>
      15. Search Genbank Updates (Indiana) <?>
      16. Search GenBank updates <?>
      17. Search Genbank (Indiana) <?>
 -->  18. Search GenBank <?>
      19. Search (GenBank + SWISS-PROT + PIR + PDB) (NIH) <?>
      20. More on GOPHERs (Re: Old Genbank Searching Software, PUB?).
      21. A personal copy of the files stored at Genbank?.
      22. Genbank online service (GOS).
      23. Gopher server for Genbank data.

And so on.

If you've never heard of gopher, don't worry it's free and on the net,
write me a note if you'd like information on how to get started.

Happy searching,

Dan Jacobson

danj at welchgate.welch.jhu.edu