submitting sequences to Genbank

Dennis Benson dab at ray.nlm.nih.gov
Wed May 26 14:47:38 EST 1993

QUINN at SALK-SC2.SDSC.EDU writes:
: Hello,
:
: Does anyone know if the NCBI is encouraging people to use Authorin for
: electronic sequence submission?  I wondered because David Lipman's recent
: posting with the new e-mail address didn't mention Authorin.  I will summarize
: the answer for the net to avoid redundant posts.
:
: Anne Marie Quinn
: Biocomputing Dept.
: The Salk Institute
:
: Quinn at salk-sc2.sdsc.edu

We definitely encourage the submission of sequence data via the AUTHORIN
program.

E-mail is the preferable means for submitting data:

     gb-sub at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

If you are unable to use e-mail, please send a floppy with the data to:

     GenBank Submissions
     National Center for Biotechnology Information
     Bldg. 38A, Room 8N-803
     8600 Rockville Pike
     Bethesda, MD 20894       Phone:  (301) 496-2475

NCBI is distributing free copies of the program for Macs and PCs.
(Current releases are version 3.0 for the Macintosh and version 1.2 for PCs).
For a copy send an e-mail request to:  authorin at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

Overseas submitters should note that sequences may be submitted to the
EMBL Data Library (datasub at embl-heidelberg.de) and DDBJ (ddbjsub at ddbj.nig.ac.jp).
All sequence data is exchanged among the databases.

Dennis Benson
National Center for Biotechnology Information
National Institutes of Health
Bethesda, MD