Actually Hardware breakdown of Mac SE

El Supremo Lars.Snogerup at plantbio.lu.se
Sun May 30 05:30:28 EST 1993

Dear netters!
A good friend of mine has mixed up my knowledge of how to use a macintosh
with the knowledge of what makes it work, so he dumped a mac se in my lap.

The problem is as follows; The computer has a Apple HD20 and a 800k
floppy drive and a SpeedCard. When booting the symbol with a disk and a
question mark appears, and if you put in a systemdisk in the druve it
dosen t help. I managed to start up the computer via an external
diskdrive, the icon for the hard disk do not appear on the desktop, If
you insert a disk in the internal diskdrive, you get the message that it
is not formatted, if you let it try to formatt the disk you get message
that the formatting failed.
When booting you can hear the hard disk starting and then stopping, so i
opend the macine and looked, when you boot the motor start in one
direction and then the other and then stops.

Any sugestions to solveing this problem is most welcome.

1,3-($)-glucan synthase, what else is new?

Lars Snogerup                 | "those people who want to rule people are
Plant Biochemistry            |  ipso facto those least suited to do it"
Univ of Lund                  |              Douglas Adams
Sweden                        |