Windows telnet and ftp software

RYBICKI, ED ED at micro.uct.ac.za
Mon Nov 8 02:36:53 EST 1993

<jim at AUDREY.LMF.ORG> writes:

> > I am a Windows PC user. However I cuurently use a dos Kermit to
do Telnet
> > and a dos FTP. Are there any good WINDOWS software to do telnet
and FTP??

> I've been using Chameleon TCP/IP ... The one drawback is price,
about $400 for the package. It
> also includes a WinSock interface that works great with the
Gopher+ client I've
> got running.

Try QVTNET from your favourite FTP site: shareware, excellent telnet
capabilities, good newsreader, good ftp, mailer...I regularly have
up to 3 VAX windows open simultaneously and an ftp session grinding
away, then read mail!  Also newest version(s? up to 3.8 now) support
Winsock 1.1, otherwise packet-driven.

 | Ed Rybicki, PhD             |                                      |
 | (ed at micro.uct.ac.za)        |      "Lord, won't you buy me         |
 | Dept Microbiology           |          A Mer-ce-des Benz           |
 | University of Cape Town     |     My friends all have Porsches     |
 |                             |          I must make amends..."      |                      |
 | fax: 27-21-650 4023         |            (Pearl, 1971)             |