Looking for restriction mapping program

David Kristofferson kristoff at net.bio.net
Fri Nov 12 13:39:46 EST 1993

cash at geneva.csmil.umich.edu (Howard Cash) writes:

>Dear Dr. Chihara,

>Sequencher is a ....

>Regards,

>Howard Cash
>GeneCodes at AOL.com

Howard,

	You should know darn well that this kind of plug for your own
commercial software is not allowed, and it has resulted in a complaint
from a competitor (not IG) who has always faithfully followed the
rules of the game to their credit.  There is not even a mention of
your financial connection in your message, but it appears at first
glance to be coming from the Univ. of Michigan.

	The rule has been stated here on many occasions and I find it
hard to believe that you are unaware of it - commercial concerns may
respond to questions **directly about their specific software**, but
not otherwise.  The original question was a general query about
restriction mapping programs, not about your program per se.  When
general questions are asked you'll just have to restrain your urge to
grab some free advertising time and let any of your satisfied
customers respond instead.  Try this again and I'll refer your actions
to the Univ. of Michigan for adjudication.

				Sincerely,

				Dave Kristofferson
				BIOSCI/bionet Manager

				biosci-help at net.bio.net