Densitometry on a scanned image

RYBICKI, ED ED at micro.uct.ac.za
Wed Nov 24 02:11:41 EST 1993

> dkim at unm.edu writes:

> >Is there any shareware/PD software for doing "densitometry" on a
scanned
> >image of a gel or autoradiogram (e.g. a TIFF file)?  Is this very
complicated
> >or kind of trivial to do?

> NIH Image does this very well. The package includes several macros
> that simplify the process. Works better than most commercial
> software I've seen. Runs on a Mac with a 68020 processor or
better.
> There are two versions; with or without FPU.
>
> Steve Feldman

And seconded - just loaded ver. 1.47 onto our new Mac, and are
extremely impressed: not only densitometry, but measurements, image
sharpening/smoothing, background subtraction, contrast/brightness
adjustment....better than anything commercial I've seen for
anything.

 | Ed Rybicki, PhD             |                                      |
 | (ed at micro.uct.ac.za)        |      "Lord, won't you buy me         |
 | Dept Microbiology           |          A Mer-ce-des Benz           |
 | University of Cape Town     |     My friends all have Porsches     |
 |                             |          I must make amends..."      |                      |
 | fax: 27-21-650 4023         |            (Pearl, 1971)             |