Software manipulation of ABI 373a traces

Thon de Boer deboer at
Sat Nov 6 09:46:50 EST 1993

In article <2be15b$oqe at>,
cash at (Howard Cash) wrote:

> Clint,
> I tried to email you directly, but could not reach your host.
> Several programs allow you to work with ABI trace files.  The ones that come
> to mind are
> SeqEd (Macintosh, Applied Biosystems, Foster City, CA)
> Inherit (Sun SPARC with Macintosh front end [Mac stand-alone version is in
>          the works], also Applied Biosystems)
> SeqMan/LaserGene (Macintosh and, I think, PC versions, DNAStar, Madison, WI)
> Sequencher (Macintosh, Gene Codes Corp., Ann Arbor, MI)
> Generation (Sun SPARC, IntelliGenetics/Betagen, Inc., Mountain View, CA)
> XDAP and its revisions (SUN workstations, by Roger Staden, MRC, England)
> I am biased, so my opinion must be suspect, but there has been discussion
> of these programs in this newsgroup and in the recent literature.  I have
> phone numbers for most, if not all of the companies, so drop me a note if
> you want more information.

The new version of GeneJockey II (BioSoft) can also handle the ABI files in
a sequencing project or so I am told by their catalog. I have not tried it
yet for I am waiting on my demo disk (oohoo BioSoft, are you listening :-)
Maybe there is someone out there who could send me the Demo version of
GeneJockey or put it in a ftp site ?

Sincerely, Thon de Boer