Shading aligned sequences

Andrew Healey andrew at
Sun Nov 28 22:22:28 EST 1993

>I'm looking for a UNIX based program that will take multiple aligned
>sequences and shade identical and/or similar amino acids and
>produce a postscript file as output. Does such a program exist ???

Try PRETTYPLOT in the extended GCG (EGCG) suite from EMBL.
The Unix port is provided on the GCG 7.2 release media as
unsupported software.
However it draws boxes rather than shading the identities/similarities.

email: andrew at                              *
Tel:   07-362-0376                               *
Fax:   07-362-0105                                         *
The Bancroft Centre
Queensland Institute of Medical Research            *
300 Herston Road, Brisbane, AUSTRALIA 4029