T-matrix and Nucaln

Bill Pearson wrp at cyclops.micr.Virginia.EDU
Fri Oct 1 20:03:52 EST 1993

In article <1OCT199307565849 at aardvark.ucs.uoknor.edu>,
Bruce Roe <broe at aardvark.ucs.uoknor.edu> wrote:
>In article <1993Sep29.183014.69 at cnbvx3.cnb.uam.es>, lpezzi at cnbvx3.cnb.uam.es writes...
>>Hi,
>>a user of our system is interested in the programs T-matrix and Nucaln.
>>
>	Nucaln is a program written by David Lipman and Bill Pearson
>and is one of the original multiple sequence alignment programs. It's
>really out of date and very slow.

	Nucaln was written by David Lipman and John Wilbur; it predates
my association with David (actually we met because of it).  I can send
a copy of it if you like, but the FASTA program provides very similar
functionality and is available via anonymous ftp from uvaarpa.virginia.EDU
in pub/fasta.

Bill Pearson