SLT340 Plate reader?

Sebastian Bunka i102pc1 at edvznovell2.vu-wien.ac.at
Thu Oct 7 05:30:04 EST 1993

.In article <bio1.392.0 at navi.up.ac.za> bio1 at navi.up.ac.za (Fourie Joubert)
.writes:>From: bio1 at navi.up.ac.za (Fourie Joubert)
.>Subject: SLT340 Plate reader?
.>Date: 6 Oct 1993 09:48:19 GMT
.
.>Hi
.
.>I'm writing some Windows software to drive our SLT340 microtitre plate
.>reader. However, I'm having some difficulty with the serial coms. The manual
.>shows two cables, one for XT's and one for AT's. The XT cable works fine,
.>but the AT cable doesn't even open the com port.
.
.>The connections are as follows:
.>XT:
.>Reader       PC
.>2      ->    3
.>3      ->    2
.>7      ->    7
.>plus PC side 4->5 and 6->8->20.
.
.>AT:
.>Reader       PC
.>2      ->    2
.>3      ->    3
.>7      ->    5
.>plus PC side 1->4->6 and 7->8.
.
.>Has anybody else had the same trouble, or does someone know who to contact
.>at SLT?
.
.>Any help would be appreciated very much!
.>__________________________________________________________________________
.
.>     _/_/_/_/  _/_/_/_/_/  Fourie Joubert
.>    _/            _/     Department of Biochemistry
.>   _/            _/    University of Pretoria
.>  _/_/_/_/      _/   South Africa
.> _/            _/  bio1 at navi.up.ac.za
.>_/      _/_/_/_/                                 Disclaimer: "Fourie who?"
.>__________________________________________________________________________
.
Hi, Fourie!

I remember, we had similar problems with our old (Austrian) SLT Reader, but I
don4t remeber exactly how we connected this.
We now use the newer one SLT 400 ATC and our pin layout lok like this:
25 Pin Computer:
Instrument   Computer
2-------------------3
3-------------------2
4                   4+5 shortcut (connect via cable bridge)
5 none
6 none          6+8+20 shortcut
7-------------------7
20

9 Pin Computer:
1 none           1+4+6 shortcut
2--------------------2
3--------------------3
4 none
5 none
7--------------------5
8 none            8+7 shortcut
20 none
(From the users manual of SLT 400)

You can try to contact SLT Austria:
Ph.: +43-6246-3438
FAX: +43-6246-2770
but (I know) it4s hard to find a competent person.

Feel free to contact me (possibly I can ask my college in Hannover, Germany,
who is running this Reader and can checkout the configuration).

SWB

            `oo'
          ( O  O )
             vv \\
                  \\
		    \\		  email:
                      [ Sebastian.Bunka at vu-wien.ac.at ]
                        phone:                   FAX:
                +43-1-71155260          +43-1-7149110
Location: earth, europe, austria, vienna  Inst. of Bacteriology  Vet.Univ.