Dos DNA/Protein analysis packages

Jim Gale jim at AUDREY.LMF.ORG
Thu Oct 7 12:38:31 EST 1993

Greetings Nettlings

We need some advice. Our access to (free) GCG is lost. The institute we used GCG on by modem is dropping GCG due to the cost. Since we cannot afford GCG. WE
need some other similar package for our PC systems (MS-DOS). I am fimilar
Hitachi DNASIS/PROSIS and Inteligenetics PC-Gene. We will be having demos
of both shortly.
Does anyone out there use either package for MS-DOS?
What is yor opinion of the system. Does it compare to GCG?
Is there another package we should be looking at????

ALL HELP will be greatly appreciated

Jim Gale
The Lovelace Institutes
Albuquerque NM