sources for restriction enzymes

Harry Mangalam mangalam at uci.edu
Thu Oct 14 11:38:37 EST 1993

In article <00973A89.2263B780.2242 at qcvaxa.acc.qc.edu>,
bienkows at QCVAXA.ACC.QC.EDU wrote:

> 7-Oct-93
>
> Greetings,
> Are there any lists of sources for relatively uncommon restriction enzymes?
> I am looking for enzymes that are not in the BMB or Promega catalogs.
> I could keep looking in other catalogs, but I wonder if there is an easier
> way.
> Thanks
> Bob Bienkowski
> bienkows at qcvaxa.acc.qc.edu

Check out Rich Roberts' (nice Nobel, eh?) Restriction Enzyme database,
retrievable from several sites by gopher or ftp.

The primary REBASE host is now: vent.neb.com (192.138.220.2).
Look in pub/rebase directory.

Harry Mangalam, VCO/Micro+Mol Genetics, Irvine Hall, Coll of Med, UC
Irvine,
Irvine, CA, 92717, Vox:(714) 856-4824, Fax:(714) 725-2118, mangalam at uci.edu

There's no better glory, when it all gets harried, to be laughing in the
midst of it all.   --- Doug and the Slugs ---