Alinging LARGE sequences?

Heikki Lehvaslaiho Heikki.Lehvaslaiho at Helsinki.FI
Mon Oct 11 02:15:39 EST 1993

In article <1993Oct8.152404.9110 at news.yale.edu> Lynna Stone-Infeld,
STONE at biomed.med.yale.edu writes:
>    I would like to know if anyone has experience using programs to align
> multiple DNA sequences in the 35,000 to 100,000 base range? Which
programs do
> you use? and on what platforms?

I have been collaborating with a top Russian group in Novosibirsk. They
have developed a set DOS programs to work with huge (viral) sequences. An
ingenious  combination of manual adjusting and local similarity searches
is used for sequence alignement.

They are very eager to develop the programs further and to convert them
to other platforms.

Anyone interested should contact:

Professor Vladimir Blinov
Institute of  Molecular Biology
633159, Koltsovo, Novosibirsk region,
Russia
Phone: (3832) 647457; (3832) 643942
Fax:  (3832) 328831
Telex: 133196 NPOSU
E-mail:  blinov at vector.nsk.su

        	-Heikki

Heikki Lehv{slaiho  <Heikki.Lehvaslaiho at Helsinki.FI>
Bitnet:lehvasla at finuh.bitnet
X.400: /G=Heikki/S=Lehvaslaiho/O=Helsinki/ADMD=fumail/C=fi/
Meilahti Medical Departments, P.O.BOX 21 (Haartmaninkatu 3)
SF-00014 University of Helsinki, FINLAND
Phone: +358-0-434 6408         FAX: +358-0-434 6491